R. J. O’Hara
RJ regularly advises clients on complex national licensing issues arising from mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructuring. He also provides general licensing counsel, oversees litigation, citations and hearings, and assists clients in complying with tied house and trade practice laws.
His practice also involves advising clients on the legality of national beverage alcohol promotions and marketing and conducting seminars for industry members regarding liquor liability and related restaurant and beverage alcohol management issues.
RJ is Co-Chair of the ABA Alcohol Beverage Subcommittee and a founding member of the Alliance of Alcohol Industry Attorneys & Consultants, a group of professionals whose practices are focused in the alcohol beverage industry.
• Fogo de Chao in its acquisition by Rhone Capital
• KKR & Co. in its strategic investment in Lemonade Restaurant Group
• Foreign pension investment manager in its bid for European brewery assets to be sold by Anheuser-Busch InBev NV
• Golden Gate Capital in its restructuring of Red Lobster restaurants
University of Dayton, JD
- cum laude
- Articles Editor, Law Review
University of Dayton, BA
- May, 2017
PFMA (PA Food Merchants Association) Annual Conference
“Obtaining Liquor Licenses for Grocery or Convenience Stores”
- April, 2017
Convenience Store Dealer Association Presentation
“Obtaining Liquor Licenses for Convenience Stores”
- March, 2017
NABCA Annual Legal Symposium on Alcohol Beverage Law & Regulation
Moderator: “When Innovation Meets Regulation”
- October, 2016
NCSLA – Traverse City, MI
Moderator: Q&A – Craft Brewers